We are launching two BRAND NEW projects here at Brixton Finishing School this summer. We recognise that Covid-19 will have a dramatic impact on the futures of young people in the UK. Internships and work experience opportunities have been put on hold across the country and entry-level roles have mostly evaporated.
Our mission has always been to break down barriers and give young people from working class, multicultural and neurodiverse backgrounds a fairer chance to succeed. At the same time, we challenge companies to see the real value a diverse and inclusive workforce brings to the table. None of this has changed. In fact it’s only made us even more determined to go faster and push the accelerator on our plans to ensure that everyone has a seat at the table.
That’s why we’ve created TWO nationwide, virtual gateways to Adland and the Creative/Comms Industry, free and open to all.
Curated by Brixton Finishing School
10 week, FREE, virtual course (8 hours per week)
NOW STARTING: SEPTEMBER 2020
Open to all 18-25 year olds across the UK.
If you register you will automatically get a place on this course!
Running alongside our main ‘full’ BFS course, the summer kickstarter programme will be packed full of industry masterclasses and professional skills workshops. You will also have the chance to work on a live brief (for a prize).
This is a brilliant opportunity to enrich your understanding of the advertising industry and your employability, in your own time, and for FREE. We are completely industry-backed so you’ll be learning directly from those who are currently leading the charge in their fields.
Our course is designed to upskill participants in key aspects of marketing, creativity, and digital, help build your network and increase your chance of winning a role through employability workshops including personal branding, accountability, interview tips, and CV writing.
You’ll be able to sign up to take part in classes and track your progress via the online portal throughout the course.
Provisional Weekly Topics
- Introduction. What a client does, the journey of a brief.
- R/GA presents Brand Strategy: How to interpret a brief
- Rapp presents: Marketing Science and Insight
- Omnicom Health and Adam & Eve presents: Creative Ideation
- M&C Saatchi: Creativity and The Health of the Nation.
- Mail Metro Media presents: Print and Online advertising
- Magnite presents: Programmatic
- Clear Channel presents: Digital OOH (Out of House)
- PrettyGreen and Wilderness Agency presents: Social Media
Led by Tia Castagno, Founder of Unblock your Block, Coach, Resilience Trainer and MD of Vizeum Global
- Energy Management And Self-regulation Of Stress & Worry
- Clarity, Focus & Performance
- Creativity & Problem Solving
- Teamwork, Communication, Morale
- Mindset, Leadership & Management Of Personal Brand
Led by James Mooney, Linkedin
- How to use LinkedIn and Personal Branding
- Office Skills
This is not a comprehensive list of all the workshops and classes – there will be more speakers announced as we get closer to the start of the course.
Sign up now for this incredible opportunity to enter the world of advertising, marketing and communications and learn from some of the best and biggest names in the world.